Saturday, August 29, 2009

A well planned engagement


Recently, Lily and I got engaged. She was completely surprised, which is the only way to do a proposal.

I took her to a very nice dinner at Bella Trattoria. We have been there before and we were very impressed. They home make all of their pasta and gnocchi, which is the only gnocchi I have ever liked. They are super friendly and we, once again, got free dessert!

After that, we headed to the Sundance Theaters to go watch a movie. Inglourious Basterds. I know, not very romantic, but if I had taken her to go see the Time Traveler's Wife, she would have known something was up. It turns out the movie was sold out anyways, so we couldn't go see it there. We decided to head to Daly City to check it out there, but I told her there was something that I wanted to show her downtown before we went to the movie.

I took her to the Palace of Fine Arts:



We walked around and were nearly the only ones there. The timing couldn't have been better. As the only other couple left the area right underneath the dome, Lily was looking up at it and slowly spinning around to look at the view, I went down on one knee and as she finished her turn, I waited just a second and asked her the question. It was a response of shock (that's what I will tell myself anyways). But she said yes. We held each other for a little bit and then got her out of the cold.

We decided that we were going to not go see the movie after all. But, I wasn't thinking, so we ended up driving there anyways and decided to see the movie.

It was a great night. I couldn't have been happier with the way the night turned out.

Now...to plan a wedding.

2 comments:

  1. Josh, Lilly is a very lucky young lady to have someone as thoughtful as you! Congrats to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julee, but I think I am the lucky one to have Lily.

    ReplyDelete