Saturday, November 29, 2008

The island life

Ah...the islands. Koh Tao is beautiful. It is warm, a little rainy right now, but the sun is out a lot too. The mosquitos are kind of bad, but it is still very, very nice.

Everyone here is really nice and we met up with a couchsurfer named Wilfried from France. He is a dive instructor at one of the resorts on the island. We stayed with him a couple of nights (at his resort which was really nice), but then I found out that I couldn't SCUBA dive because of my lungs. If I can find a dive physician (whatever that is) and he clears me, then I am good to go. Too bad I don't know any. Oh well. Lily and I will find something else to do with our time.

We ate some great Pad Z You at a place called Fishy's. The guy that works there (and I am assuming owns the place) works 15 hours a day, 7 days a week. Not quite the island life I would expect there. He was very friendly and let us watch movies when we were there. They had a good cheap breakfast there too!

We later moved more toward the "cities" of the island and had a really nice, cheap place (about 7 dollars a night). The lady there was really nice too and we stayed for a few days. We ate some good food, walked around a bit and hiked some too. It was a good time.

Next, we are on to Koh Phangan, the "party island".

As always, check facebook and Lily's blog for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment